AWR Lloyd at Strategic Coal Pricing and Contract Negotiations 2019
Dr. Bart Lucarelli, Managing Director of Power & Utilities at AWR Lloyd, will be directing an intensive course on “Strategic Coal Pricing and Negotiations” on 24-25 June 2019 at the Mandarin Orchard in Singapore.
Over the 2-day event, which is being hosted by IBC Commodity Trading Academy, Dr. Bart will walk participants through coal market fundamentals, pricing tactics, negotiation skills, supply agreements, risk management, and other related issues from both supply-and-demand side perspectives. The course is tailored to meet the interests of a broad spectrum of market professionals including coal suppliers, buyers, and traders, as well as financiers, lawyers and regulators, providing both a strategic planning and hands-on practical experience on factors involved in setting and managing coal prices under coal sales agreements.
With the sole objective of improving the bottom line, this course is aimed at all professions and companies involved in coal purchase and sale transactions, and will help them make better pricing decisions. Key learning outcomes of the course include:
- Insights into the Coal Commodity Cycle and its impacts on coal prices
- Scrutiny of coal pricing, demand, shipping and procurement strategies 2019 and beyond
- Fundamentals of determining FOB coal prices
- Methods and data sources for estimating and interpreting dry bulk shipping costs
- Documenting price adjustment provisions in Coal Supply Agreements
- Relationship between coal price and coal quality
- How to address price re-openers in Coal Supply Agreements
- Coal price negotiations – key issues to take into account
- Payment terms, interests and penalties
- Regulatory factors and their impacts on coal prices
For more information please contact Bart Lucarelli: email@example.com